FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What operating systems does EPMware support? EPMware is written in Java, so it will work with ANY operating system.
- What are the third party software requirements for the on-premise version? Our on-premise version requires an Oracle database and Apache Tomcat Web application server. We also have a cloud version, which of course requires no client hardware or software.
- How long does EPMware take to implement? It depends on your particular situation, and how much metadata scrubbing and custom scripting etc will be required. But typically 4 to 12 weeks.
- Is EPMware on the Cloud? Yes. Our cloud version is available on a subscription basis.
- Who is the primary user of EPMware? EPMware was designed for business users. Metadata Requests are initiated by the business user and reviewed and approved by Administrators and Managers.
- Can EPMware be customized for complex business requirements? EPMware’s Logic Builder allows full customization for complex business cases.
- Does EPMware allow Dimension and Property sharing between applications? Yes, EPMware has out of the box Dimension and Property sharing, which is expandable via our Logic Builder module.
- What programming language does Logic Builder use? PL/SQL
- Does EPMware support Non-Hyperion application? Of course. EPMware can manage metadata for any application. Our Generic Application Builder is used to configure any application. For example, Employee and Product applications
- Does EPMware support the newest versions of Hyperion? Yes, EPMware supports version 22.214.171.124, the newest Hyperion release.
- What applications does EPMware support “Out of the Box”? EPMware is pre-built to integrate with the Oracle/Hyperion suite of products, including Classic, EPMA and Oracle EPM Cloud applications:
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM)
- OAC (Essbase Cloud)